Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 November 2016 21:30
Written by Town Clerk, Kerri Parker
Town Clerk- Kerri A Parker, CTC, CDTC
41 Main Street
Meredith, NH 03253
Phone (603) 279-4538
Fax (603) 279-1042
Hours of Operation: 8AM to 5PM Monday-Friday
Aquatherm Permits need to be filed with the Town Clerk's office before winter per RSA 270:34
STATE GENERAL ELECTION, NOV 8TH 7AM-7PM
If you wish to apply for an absentee ballot fill out the application indicating where to send the ballot
Absentee Ballot Request 2016- Nov 8th
SERVICES AND FEES Dog License
Due annually by April 30th
Fee Schedule: Altered (spayed/neutered) $6.50 Not Altered $9.00 Owners over 65 one dog for $2.00 A current rabies vaccination certificate and certificate of alteration must be presented when obtaining license. Dogs not licensed by April 30th will begin incurring late fees of $1.00 per month beginning June 1st of that year and continue until the dog is licensed.
Permits to kindle fires out-of-doors are good for up to three days, beginning with the date of issue; seasonal permits for certain types of fires are also available. * Must show photo ID such as a driver's license.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must be a Meredith landowner or have written permission from the landowner.
* There is no charge for a fire permit; however, even with a valid permit, any damage caused as a result of a kindled fire becomes the obligation of the party responsible for kindling the fire.
Notary Public and Justice of the Peace services are available for a 5$ per page fee., contact the office for details.
Establishing Legal Residency
Welcome! Please stop by the office to say hello and to complete a residency application. Establishing Meredith as your legal residence is a requirement to register a motor vehicle in New Hampshire. Non-resident registrations are possible for property owners who primarily garage their vehicles in Meredith.
*Property owners establishing legal residency: Complete residency application
*Renters establishing legal residency: Please present your lease or rental agreement or bring in a statement from the property owner verifying your residence and complete the residency application.
Motor Vehicle License Plates ALL registrations must be started in the the Town clerks office
License plates may be obtained from the Town Clerk for:
* vehicles under 26,000 lbs GVW
* trailers under 26,000 lbs GVW
* Motor Vehicle RegistrationFees vary according to the make/model and year of vehicle.
- In order to obtain a registration, please bring the following
* Registration Renewal - bring the current registration or notice of renewal
* New Registration / New Vehicle or Used Vehicle from Dealership- bring Title Application (Blue copy Town Clerks) completed by the dealership
* New Registration / Private Sale - 2000 - title with transfer information filled in pre-2000- bill of sale and either previous owner's registration or blue VIN verification form "TDMV19A" (can be obtained at Town Hall)
* Transfer of Registration - bring in current vehicle registration
* Vital Records Copies (birth, death, marriage)
First copy $15.00 each additional copy requested at same time $10.00
You must have information on the name(s) of the party(s) involved, date of event, and supply your relationship to the subject(s) and a reason for the request
If neither parties have been married before they need only bring a photo id. If either party has been married before they need the copy of the official dissolution of marriage. (final divorce decree/death certificate) The application fee is $50 and is valid for 90days. Once the form is filled out by both parties, the clerk will enter the info into the State Vital Records system, a test copy is printed for the parties to check for accuracy and then an official license is issued. The parties may order certified copies at the time they apply and once the marriage license is signed by the officiant, and returned to the clerk, Certified copies would be sent out. The certified copies are $15 for the first $10 for any additional ordered at the same time.