Members Present: Staff Present: Visitors:
Bill Corr John Edgar Judy Boquist
Randy Eifert Angela Labrecque Duncan McNeish
· Approve minutes of prior meeting
· Foundry Avenue ZBA variance update
· Baird Property update
· Waukewan/Winona & Watershed Grant Applications update
· High Risk Septic System Regulation – Next Steps…
· 2013 Town Report Highlight Page
· Aerial Photo on town website?
· Other business
Having a quorum at 8:05 am, Chairman Randy Eifert opened the meeting.
The 11/7/2012 WWAC meeting minutes were approved as had been draft updated.
Foundry Avenue ZBA Variance update:
· Still awaiting the Superior Court decision on the resubmission of the appeal.
Baird Property update:
· John Edgar reported that overall the acquisition of this property to be put in conservation continues to be going along very well.
· The acquisition will need a New Hampton town meeting approval.
· Plan is to deed the property to New Hampton then New Hampton grants Meredith an easement.
· WSOA is pursuing a id="mce_marker"0K grant from NHCOOP to improve the property.
Grant Application updates:
· 1) 2012 Watershed Assistance and Restoration Grant – (Update the existing Management Plan) Pat Tarpey has reported that this grant will be going to the Executive Council near term. She has also requested that the topic of the grant be placed on our WWAC agenda on a quarterly basis for discussion. The WWAC members accepted this request.
2) Evaluation of Septic System Risk to Lake Waukewan – (Financial assistance for septic system evaluations) The LWWA has submitted this grant. 3) 2013 Watershed Assistance and Restoration Grant – (Financial assistance for septic systems needing replacement) The LWWA has submitted this grant.
Septic System Regulation update:
· The Meredith Selectmen passed this regulation at the 12/3/12 meeting with a 5-0 vote.
· Next steps: - Meredith needs to set up the administrative processes to implement this regulation. - John Edgar suggests we move slowly approaching Center Harbor and New Hampton for their adoption of this regulation.
2012 Town Report:
· It was agreed that the one page report summarizing the WWAC activities only include 2012 actions.
· Action Item: Randy Eifert will write, e-mail copy to all WWAC members and submit this report to the town before 1/1/2013.
· Angela reported that she and Eric are working on getting the Bill Hemmel photos on the Meredith website. Angela is contacting Bill Hemmel for his assistance.
· John Edgar expressed that there are many aspects to the stormwater issue. - Site Development regulations. - Homeowner issues. - Municipal issues. Our actions will need to make this a very public issue.
· Our committee should spend effort to break this issue down to specific issue/remediation.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:40 am.
Minutes submitted by Bob Vogler.
Next Meeting: Wednesday 1/9/13 at 8:00 AM in the Town Hall Annex.
Note: this is the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
These minutes were approved as drafted at the 1/9/2013 WWAC meeting.