Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 January 2014 14:22
Written by Angela LaBrecque
Meredith Village Pathways Committee Meeting
May 8, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 9:06 by chairperson Liz Lapham.
Attending were: Sandy Sabutis, Janis Roberts, Lissa Goodby, Paula Wanzer, Angela LaBrecque, Liz Lapham, Andrea Bourn
The April 10th minutes were approved.
Hawkins Brook Project:
- Angela has contacted the town manager and he will let us know when there is an opening for our presentation to the Selectmen. Angela and Liz will follow up.
- Angela reported on her conversation with Chris Wald, facilities director at I-LSD.
- Janis will continue her efforts to contact the Moscadini property owner. Janis will be in touch with Liz regarding this effort.
- Angela will talk with John and look for a meeting time with John Huber of Crosspoint.
- Angela will research the 4 resource people and what they might offer our project before calling each to discuss the project. ( Natl Park Service, Dred, Commissioner of Agriculture, & Rick Elmore). Winnipesaukee Watershed migh also be a resource.
- Sandy and Liz will print pictures of a wetland boardwalk on Jekyll Island, SC to use in our presentation
- Angela will talk to the town GIS person about updating our current map of the Hawkins Brook Proposal.
- Paula will talk with Mary Kahn about grant research. She will also talk with RalphKirchner regarding ARM grants. (Aqua Resources Mitigation)
- Further discussion centered on providing answers to questions regarding the challenges the project faces and other questions that might be asked at presentations.
- Brochures: Janis, Lissa and Liz will make contacts for ad sponsorships on the historical walk brochures.
Sandy will put the walkway path maps at trail Kiosks.
Angela will look into getting a laminated Pathways Map to put up at the Town Docks.
- Historic Walking tours on Saturday, July 27, 2013. We agreed to offer tours at 11:00 starting from the town docks.
- Liz has registered the Pathways Committee For Walk NH day on Wednesday, June 5. We will meet in front of the Town Hall at 9:00 am to walk one of our town routes. Angela will help publicize this.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:35.