Written by Angela LaBrecque
Ken Colburn Deborah Crosby Bill Bayard Phil McCormack
Reed Leberman Mark Billings Nate Torr
John Edgar Angela LaBrecque
Meeting called to order at 7:00 PM
Minutes from Feb 23, 2012
- Motion to approve minutes by Deborah, seconded by Mark. Voted unanimously
The focus of the meeting was the upcoming Board of Selectmen Workshop on April 2, 2012.
- There are only two items on the agenda, so we will have roughly 45 minutes for the discussion.
- If we have any handouts, they should be provided to Phil Warren no later then Thursday before the workshop.
- We will have the opportunity to introduce the Energy Handbook, web site/ Wiki page. Make sure needed equipment is set up.
- Chairman Colburn will provide the overview of what the Energy Committee has accomplished in the first year. Ken passed out an outline of the subjects for discussion.
- John noted that the BOS get Town & City Magazine with information on Local Energy Committees.
- Nate suggested we consider follow-up workshops where the committee can speak in greater detail on specific subjects, agreeing with John’s comment about staying at a higher elevation for the first workshop.
- It was suggested that we use one of the Building Audits to demonstrate the cost/benefit analysis for potential energy upgrades.
- Phil stated we should speak to the core concepts of the committee; what has been done and what has yet to be done.
- One subject of discussion will be the three grants the town received and what the output of the three grants has been.
- Another subject will be the Energy Chapter in the Town’s updated “Master Plan” including GGH inventory and the Town’s housing stock.
- Speak to the upcoming public meeting, scheduled for April 18, 2012, where the Meredith Energy Handbook will be presented. Also speak about additional public outreach.
- Deborah will solicit sponsors/food for the April 18th event.
- There was discussion about preparing a presentation to be made to the CIP Committee for “bundling” energy upgrades to some/all of the audited municipal buildings. “Spend money to save money”. Introduce the possibility of using CDFA – low rate loans, where loans are paid back through realized energy savings.
Next Meeting – April 12, 2012
Motion to adjourn meeting
- Motion by Mark, seconded by Bill. Voted unanimously. Meeting adjourned at 8:50 PM.